Hi APJ Family,
It is glorious weather down here in Sydney town. Cool and sunny, possible chance of late rain but right now, GO JUS!! (gorgeous)
What am I wafting while writing to you today?
SOVA by Slumberhouse
SOVA by Slumberhouse, an acrid, burning cigarette, hot chocolate, booze, bark, sweet cakes, honey and resins. Imagine the smoky air of a speakeasy, live jazz, booze, drugs, sex and fun. I would love to smell this on one of my girlfriends, she would need a bodyguard.
SOVA was the first fragrance that Slumberhouse put out and really sets the scene for their total style and character, like a solid base that has been built around and curlicued. I have been told in no uncertain terms by TSO Jin that this is not to be worn to bed because it gives him dreams. I put it on last night and now it’s lunchtime and I am still fragrantly living this wonderful story. Sensational work.
I just finished reading an incredible in depth interview with Slumberhouse’s Josh on NotableScents if you need further reading it is highly recommended.
MemoryOfScent looks at some of the Slumberhouse range and APJ looked at Slumberhouse Pear + Olive recently. Pear + Olive was my gateway scent into this astounding new line.
Slumberhouse has 2ml samples $10 or 30ml/$100
50 Lessons I Wish I Had Learned Earlier!
Life isn’t always great. There are days that grind us down and leave us feeling less. So here are 50 cliches from the PositivelyPostiveBlog. It’s the first step back into the light for me, just reading good things, positive messages, reminders that the sun will shine and that rain makes sunny days feel better because flowers have been able to grow.
- You’re stronger than you think you are.
- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you’re one step closer to your goal.
- There is nothing to hold you back except you.
- You can press forward long after you can’t. It’s a matter of wanting it bad enough.
- No matter how much progress you make there will always be the people who insist that whatever you’re trying to do is impossible.
- You are limited only by your own imagination. Let it fly.
- Perception is reality.
- Your instincts can be trusted.
- There is only one question to ask yourself: “What would you do if you were not afraid?”
- It’s often hard to tell just how close you are to success.
- The only mistake that can truly hurt you is choosing to do nothing simply because you’re too scared to make a mistake.
- Never let success get to your head, and never let failure get to your heart.
- You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.
- Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
- Do what you love, not what you think you’re supposed to do.
- Laughter is the best medicine for stress. Laugh at yourself often.
- If you want to feel rich, just count all the great things you have that money can’t buy.
- Forgiving yourself is far more important than getting others to forgive you.
- If you awake every morning with the thought that something wonderful will happen in your life today, you’ll often find that you’re right.
- Be nice to yourself.
- For the most part, it doesn’t matter what people think. Follow your own truth.
- No education is wasted. Drink in as many new experiences as you can.
- Making one person smile can change the world.
- Don’t forget to enjoy your journey!
- You never know how strong you really are until being strong is the only choice you have.
- Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
- You cannot change what you refuse to confront.
- Crying doesn’t indicate that you’re weak. It doesn’t always solve your problems either.
- No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
- You can learn great things from your mistakes when you aren’t busy denying them.
- Give up worrying about what others think of you.
- When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.
- You have to accept that some things will never be yours, and learn to appreciate the things that are only yours.
- As Henry Ford put it, “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.”
- Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to lose.
- Giving up doesn’t always mean you’re weak, sometimes it means you are strong enough and smart enough to let go.
- You’ll rarely be 100% sure it will work. But you can always be 100% sure doing nothing won’t work.
- Don’t dwell on the past or worry about the future for too long. Right now is life. Live it.
- No matter how cautiously you choose your words, someone will always twist them around and misinterpret what you say. Just say what you need to say.
- Not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of good luck.
- If you are passionate about something, pursue it, no matter what anyone else thinks. That’s how dreams are achieved.
- If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting.
- What lies before us and behind us are tiny matters when compared to what lies within us.
- Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.
- It’s not about getting a chance, it’s about taking a chance.
- If it were easy everyone would do it.
- Be vulnerable.
- A problem is a chance for you to learn.
- Regardless of the situation, life goes on.
Wishing you only good till tomorrow,
Loads of love,